Saturday, June 19, 2010

How can I get red tones out of my hair?

I have been attempting to grow my hair out for a couple months now, but the red tones (not present in my natural hair color) will not fade and simply drive me crazy. I recently used a green based Dark Ash Blonde (close to my natural) to help cancel out the red tones, but now a week later THEY are back and driving me insane. It isn't even a pretty red I could work with, it is an orange-ish cooper red. I do not want to dye my hair again, as I am attempting to grow my natural hair color out, and actually I've cut off most of my hair to do so...think Mariska Hargitay in some of the SVU episodes of Law and Order, that's how short my hair is....



Anyway...any tips on getting rid of this red without dying/frying/mutilating my hair a great deal...would be a blessing.



How can I get red tones out of my hair?

I know you don't want to color your hair again but the problem might be that you're doing it yourself. salons use better color that doesn't fade like that. I use pureology shampoo and it really keeps color from fading for a long long time- but it can run $20 a bottle. it's worth it though. you're right to use green/ash to offset the red tones but I think the color you buy at the store isn't as good as salons. if you get your hair colored again, ask for a semi permanent, as it grows out it fades out but if you use a good shampoo it shouldn't fade to that gross red. I have the same problem with my hair color. also don't wash it every day, try every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech